[YLUG] Cool old stuff (e.g. BBC Micros)

Robert Hulme rob at robhulme.com
Mon Oct 30 15:54:20 GMT 2006

My friend's parents are moving house to somewhere smaller so she has
to get rid of a load of stuff from her childhood. Among that list of
stuff is a load of old computer hardware. She said:

----
To follow on from the previous entry, I have a feeling I'm about to be
getting rid of lots of old computer tat. CU Computer Preservation
Society might help, but if anyone has been looking for this sort of
thing shout now. There's a spectrum, a BBC or two, an amega, a weird
word processor that took odd square disks, and a huge pile of 80s
programming magazines, disks, games, a Really Old Mouse, etc.
----

I have a feeling the Spectrum has gone (although I'm not sure it has),
but I know the BBCs are still on the list. Is anyone interested in the
BBCs or any of the other stuff?

If so let me know and I'll arrange to get it to you.

She has some BBC diskettes with stuff on that she doesn't really want
to lose so if anyone was to want a BBC it would be really nice if
you'd also volunteer to convert the diskette images into something
more modern she can backup and show to her grandchildren (in an
emulator) one day ;-)

-Rob

"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our
brains drop out." - Richard Dawkins

"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to
persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

http://www.robhulme.com/
http://robhu.livejournal.com/