[YLUG] Re:Test/Certification centre reccomendations ?

ekes ekes at aktivix.org
Thu Sep 7 12:06:19 BST 2006

Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> The information I saw on the RHCE content and method a few years back
> led me to give it a significant amount of credence.  I was less
> impressed by what I saw in the LPI course materiel a few years back ...
> However I have not looked at either course within the last 2 years, and
> things may have changed (I would be surprised if they hadn't).

FWIW in relation to this the RHCE I did had content that was all common
sys admin stuff and the exam consisted of a set of tasks in front of a
computer with a copy of RHEL (but no manuals or internet). First tasks
are here is a broken system mend it. Second round, here is a blank
system install to this specification. All tasks were time constrained,
IMHO if you knew what you were doing - had done it before often - it can
be done in a lot less time; if you were looking things up (man pages are
there ;) you have time if you have a clue; if you don't you haven't a
chance. There was no written paper \o/