[YLUG] Modem to work with DOS

Pete Fenelon pete at fenelon.com
Thu Sep 21 16:58:39 BST 2006

> They will if the card actually consists of an additional COM port with
> a modem attached to it. I remember using a 33k and a 2400 baud ISA
> modem like that. Generally, I suspect that you'll have a high success
> rate with ISA stuff, provided that the PC in question still has ISA
> slots.

Beware, though, the short-lived ISA PnP which was a brief aberration
that resulted in the wonderful phenomenon of "modems that totally
nadge up your sound card", and "sound cards that totally nadge up your
modem", and indeed "ethernet cards that totally nadge up both your
sound card and modem".

Might not be a winmodem, but they were still very much losemodems.

pete
--
pete at fenelon.com "There's no room for enigmas in built-up areas"