[YLUG] Revolution OS

Robert Hulme rob at robhulme.com
Sat Sep 23 23:12:24 BST 2006

Hello everyone,

I received an email from Richard Stallman today which was an exciting
thing for me... on the IRC channel though a number of people didn't
know who Richard (RMS) was. I was quite shocked by this, but then I
didn't know about what he done / how significant he has been in
getting us to where we are today with free software until recently.

I felt quite enlightened after watching the documentary 'Revolution
OS' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolution_OS) and reading Free as
in freedom (http://www.oreilly.com/openbook/freedom/).

If anyone would like to know more about the free software movement and
it's history then I'll be showing Revolution OS at my flat (27 Kyme
street, http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=yo1+6hg&ie=UTF8&z=16&ll=53.954558,-1.084256&spn=0.003485,0.021586&om=1&iwloc=A)
this wednesday at 8PM.

BYOBottle/Laptop/Snacks

-Rob

"I am a strong advocate for free thought on all subjects, yet it
appears to me (whether rightly or wrongly) that direct arguments
against christianity & theism produce hardly any effect on the public;
& freedom of thought is best promoted by the gradual illumination of
men's minds, which follow[s] from the advance of science. It has,
therefore, been always my object to avoid writing on religion, & I
have confined myself to science." - Darwin

http://www.robhulme.com/
http://robhu.livejournal.com/