[YLUG] SMTP Mail Feed

Peter Hawkins peter at lts.co.uk
Mon Sep 25 23:49:12 BST 2006

We have a customer who has just moved from one ISP to another. In both cases,
mail is being delivered to an Exchange Server via an SMTP Feed pointing at their
broadband IP Address.

However, for some reason, since the change of ISP's took place, one of their
major customers is unable to send mail to them.

The SMTP connection preamble all works fine and they get a connection up to the
point where the Exchange Server sends out:-

DATA
354 Send data.  End with CRLF.CRLF

The server at the other end either isn't seeing this string or isn't responding
to it because no data is sent and the session times out.

As far as we can tell, there is only this one company which is unable to send
mail to the Exchange Server.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Peter Hawkins
Local Telecom Service Limited