[YLUG] gpg signatures

Arthur Clune arthur at clune.org
Fri Sep 29 14:06:12 BST 2006

On 29 Sep 2006, at 14:01, Al Girling wrote:

> Arthur Clune wrote:

> Surely the keys Stephen listed are simply without an expiry date set.

I didn't write that. Stephen did.

>>> Valid:
>>
>> I don't have your (Stephen's) key and it's not on the keyserver.
>
> I've just imported Stephen's key from hkp://subkeys.pgp.net OK

$ gpg --recv-key
0x5950E716B416F0DE                                       13:58:42
gpg: requesting key B416F0DE from hkp server wwwkeys.pgp.net
gpgkeys: key 5950E716B416F0DE not found on keyserver
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: Total number processed: 0

>> Jan's email show as bad signature for me.
>
> All these show as Good Signatures for me.

rode:~/Desktop 555: gpg --verify mime-attachment ~/Desktop/
signatures2.rtfd/TXT.rtf                    14:04:55
gpg: Signature made Fri Sep 29 12:28:17 2006 BST using DSA key ID
5BC905EC
gpg: BAD signature from "Jan Tobias Muehlberg <muehlber at fh-
brandenburg.de>"
rode:~/Desktop 556:

That's what my mail client thinks as well. Odd.

So that's two people that see it as broken? And two that see it as fine?

Arthur

Arthur Clune arthur at clune.org
Electronic infomation tampers with your mind. Babylon Zoo