[YLUG] Open Source Router

Arturo Servin aservin at cs.york.ac.uk
Tue Apr 24 22:36:23 BST 2007

    I need to developt a small network to test part of my research. I
need an open source router, NIDS and HIDS. For the NIDS I will use Snort
and for the HIDS OSSEC. For the router I was planning to use Zebra but I
also find some info about Viatta and XORP. Basically what I need is
basic routing functionality (static router and maybe OSPF/RIP), flow
information (as Cisco and Juniper), queiueing capabilities (such as
rate-limiting) and Linux support. I wonder if any of you can recommend
me any of these routers or may be another one.

Thanks,
-as