[YLUG] BBC DRM protest in Manchester

Noah Slater nslater at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 11:18:24 BST 2007

> I'd agree with this, but that's a different argument. If the BBC
> could produce a cross platform drm the argument about availability
> to license payers goes away.

> Conflating two different issues really doesn't help.

I may be missing something - but I was under the impression that the
Defective By Design protest was specifically campaigning to remove the
DRM from the BBC's content.

Access for all /is/ a separate issue and completely unrelated.

--
"Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so
far as society is free to use the results." - R. Stallman