[YLUG] BBC DRM protest in Manchester

Noah Slater nslater at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 13:43:42 BST 2007

On 03/08/07, Arthur Clune <arthur at clune.org> wrote:
> That's what the FSF are campaigning about, but that's not what the
> BBC Trust where saying was wrong with the scheme. They were anti
> the lock in.

So that makes sense, does it not? I am genuinely confused.

The Trust agrees that equal access is important and has pledged to provide it.

The FSF find fault with the use of DRM, a separate issue, and is
campaigning the BBC to address this problem. I don't really see how
the two are related.

--
"Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so
far as society is free to use the results." - R. Stallman