[YLUG] Parsable Rack Diagrams

Robert Hulme rob at robhulme.com
Tue Aug 7 20:42:20 BST 2007

> YAML? eww.
> JSON
O RLY?

I don't see that there is enough in it to really argue about. JSON is
so close to YAML that YAML parsers read JSON even though that was not
done intentionally (in almost all cases), in fact the next version of
JSON will be fully compatible with YAML so it's true to say that JSON
is essentially a subset of YAML. YAML is just JSON with a few twiddly
bits on the end.

At the end of the day who cares? They're both much of a muchness. It's
not like we're talking the verbosity of something like XML here.

The actual reason I suggested YAML was because of the conversation on
the channel and I was suggesting it primarily as a format for
persistence of Ruby objects which would be 'diffable'.

As in the example @ http://pastie.caboo.se/85592

-Rob

--
http://www.robhulme.com/
http://robhu.livejournal.com/

If a man [meets] a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes
her ... He must marry the girl ... He can never divorce her as long as
he lives.
-- Deuteronomy 22:28-29 (NIV)