[YLUG] Racks

Gavin Atkinson gavin.atkinson at ury.york.ac.uk
Wed Aug 22 18:36:55 BST 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-22 at 18:12 +0100, Noah Slater wrote:
> Why do you need racks for you house?

Presumably to rack mount all his kit :)

Seriously, some of us don't want all our 19" kit in a heap on the floor,
it makes upgrades to the bottom server harder than necessary...

On this subject, does anyone know of a cheap, 1U rackable switch,
ideally gig on all ports (though I'd probably be happy with 100meg)?  It
needs to be fanless, as sadly I couldn't put my rack in the loft.  Depth
is also an issue, I only have about 14 inches to play with...

Gavin