[YLUG] Spurious Bounce Messages

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Fri Aug 24 09:44:42 BST 2007

On 24 Aug 2007, at 09:35, Alex Smith wrote:

> So, I have a catchall address for alexsmith.org, and I get >600
> "MAILED RETURNED" Messages from spammers who are sending mails
> masquerading as my domain.
>
> Any idea how I can stop them doing this altogether? :)

  1. Talk to each one and explain how much this upsets you

  2. Don't have a catchall address

If you have full control of your mail system you can also look at
systems such as BATV for reducing blowback.  Theoretically SPF
addresses this too, but has failed due to overblown claims and
refusal to face facts.