[YLUG] Grub

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Mon Dec 10 09:06:34 GMT 2007

I'm trying to see what the actual argument is here - other than people
taking the opportunity to slag stuff off as much as they can.

Debian (for example) and Fedora (other example) have very different
"mission statements".  Fedora is intended to be fast moving, very
close to upstream, fairly bleeding edge distribution.  Debian has much
more of an eye on long term maintenance.

If you want to compare distributions then you would do better to look
at Debian vs Centos/RHEL or possibly Ubuntu vs Fedora (I don't think
that matches quite as well as the previous pair, and I tend to be down
on Ubuntu as a parasitic distribution[*])

[*] Let the flame wars begin with the Ad Homonym comments.

	Nigel.