[YLUG] Nokia N800 now only 130GBP

Robert Hulme rob at robhulme.com
Thu Dec 20 16:53:12 GMT 2007

I'm not selling anything, but it is almost Christmas so I thought I'd
share what looks to me to be a real Linux gift / gadget gem.

Earlier this year I bought the new Nokia N800 PDA, which is a rather
spiffy (Debian derived) Linux based PDA with a high resolution screen
(800x480):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N800

I actually sold mine because I realised I was better off with a full
laptop in the situations where I'd been using the N800.

Still, it is a very shiny gadget, and very nice if you want a Linux
PDA. Play have it for sale at 130GBP atm:
http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/3299981/Nokia-N800-Internet-Tablet/Product.html?

The reason for this massive price drop is because a slight successor,
the N810 (integrated keyboard and GPS) has just been released.

I thought I'd pass that on in case anyone is hunting for a last minute
Linux geek gift, or you want something to spend your Christmas money
on ^_^

-Rob

--
http://www.robhulme.com/
http://robhu.livejournal.com/

Dear aunt, let's set so double the killer delete select all.
-- Microsoft voice recognition live demonstration