[YLUG] Charity geek jumble sale - what's left

Matthew Bloch matthew at bytemark.co.uk
Wed Feb 14 17:06:35 GMT 2007

Thanks to everyone that came, ate pizza, drank beer and took away our old kit.

For those that couldn't make it I'm still trying to get rid of the remainder,
and here's the full list.  We are taking cash or cheque donations to benefit
Macmillian Cancer Support, and everything is given-away as "working to the
best of our knowledge" :)

We did price pretty much everything at between £5-£25 but for now, the best
offers of donations for each item received before next Tuesday will get the
kit; just let me know what you're interested in.  When I've confirmed that
you've got something next week, donations should be in cash or cheque
to "Macmillan Cancer Support" and posted to Bytemark at The Raylor Centre,
James Street, York, YO10 3DW.

Here's the list:

[*] means shiny (i.e. still relatively high retail value)
[!] means heavy or bulky (i.e. collect from York, we can't easily post it
unless you want to donate a lot :) )

Storage:
 USB2<->Parallel IDE external drive enclosure
 [*] 3Ware 9500 4-port SATA RAID card with battery backup
 [*] 3Ware 7506 8-port Parallel RAID card with cables
 iomega old-style Zip drive

Gadgets:
 Cheapo 320x240 digital camera
 Samsung digital camera
 Sony Clie with power supply & link cable

Displays:
 [!] 19" Hyundai CRT (pretty new)
 [!] 17" Iiyama CRT (older but smarter)

Motherboards:
 Gigabyte P4 workstation board
 [*] iWill P4 workstation board
 [*] Supermicro P4 server board
 Elite Socket 754 board

Networking:
 4-port ADSL ethernet routers (1 with dodgy SIP + RJ11)
 Speedtouch USB modems
 802.11<->Ethernet bridge device

Rack-mount kit:
 [!] Several full and half-depth 1U cases in varying states of repair, all
    with power supplies
 [*!] 2U Chenbro RM215 case with SATA+PATA backplanes, drive caddies and PSU
   1U rack-mount fan tray

The rest:
 APC desktop-grade UPS (about 10 minutes of power for a standard PC setup)
 Fully-wired 8-port serial to USB bricks (i.e. 8 serial ports off one USB
  device)
 [*!] Celeron system, 1GB, huge full tower case,
  2 drive caddies with fans, 2 other hot swap bays
 [!] Dell P2 system
 Two old NTL/Pace cable boxes

Thanks for any donations and helping us clear our shelves a bit :)

--
Matthew Bloch                             Bytemark Hosting
                                http://www.bytemark.co.uk/