[YLUG] Free software poll at the PM's petition site

Robert Hulme rob at robhulme.com
Tue Feb 27 10:02:56 GMT 2007

Software written using public funds should have it's source code
published under a distribution licence that has been declared Free by
the Free Software Foundation, rather than remaining a closed secret.

This would allow for more of the public to benefit from the
development of the software since the code would be available for
anyone to use and improve. Furthermore, compatibility with other Free
licences (such as the GPL) would promote rapid development and reduced
costs through the reuse of existing code.

An open development model would also allow the public to be more
informed of the progress and quality of these projects, which so
frequently seem to end up severely over budget.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Open-IT-projects/

"Be merciful to me, O God, for men hotly pursue me;" -- Psalm 56:1

"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not
tried it." -- Donald Knuth (in a memo to Peter van Emde Boas)

http://www.robhulme.com/
http://robhu.livejournal.com/