[YLUG] v old boxes

Anthony Edwards anthony at catfish.nildram.co.uk
Fri Jan 5 15:26:33 GMT 2007

On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 03:08:47PM +0000, Charles Forsyth wrote:
> i've got 3 rackmount boxes at the office: 2 old cisco pix firewalls and
> 1 cisco catalyst 2926 24 port 10/100 switch (dual power supply).

I run a PIX (501) and thoroughly recommend them.  It is also possible
to (entirely legally) get a free upgrade to the latest fixed (in
security terms) release of its installed PIX software version, so if
its new owner wants to do that, drop me a note or post here and I'll
explain the procedure to make the request to Cisco.

--
Anthony Edwards
anthony at catfish.nildram.co.uk