[YLUG] Meetings 2007

Zoe Stephenson zrs1 at york.ac.uk
Tue Jan 9 10:57:25 GMT 2007

Hi,
  It's time to think about the schedule for the year.  I'm assuming we'll
keep it similar to previous years, with about 8 talks spread throughout
the year.  At recent social events, ideas started flowing, but as usual
I've forgotten/lost/eaten most of them.  The one that I remember is me
talking about getting the most out of zsh, so I'll probably put that
together pretty soon.  I need to do room bookings though, so I want to
get a full schedule together for at least the next four months.  My
assumptions, with some square brackets marking the start/end of a term
at the University:

   January 2007
 S  M Tu  W Th  F  S
    1  2  3  4  5  6
 7[ 8  9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20  Social event on 16th
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31           Talk on 30th: Me, on zsh

   February 2007
 S  M Tu  W Th  F  S
             1  2  3
 4  5  6  7  8  9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17  Social event on 13th
18 19 20 21 22 23 24  Possible "clinic" session on 24th
25 26 27 28           Talk on 27th

   March 2007
 S  M Tu  W Th  F  S
             1  2  3
 4  5  6  7  8  9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16]17  Talk on 13th
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31  Social event on some day this week

   April 2007
 S  M Tu  W Th  F  S
 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Easter is 6th-9th this year
 8  9 10 11 12 13 14  Social event on some day this week
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22[23 24 25 26 27 28  Talk on 24th
29 30

We're a bit late getting in with the schedule, hence two talks in a
row; can drop one if there's no interest.  I've assumed Tuesdays for
the term-time meetings, but there's still the possibility of moving
them to a Wednesday (I don't really have any other evenings free).
I'll also have to see what the portering situation is like now that the
new hours have come into effect, this may limit our options for campus
rooms.

So, last chance to move to a Wednesday, and please chime in with
suggestions for the remaining talks for the year.

--
 -- zoe