[YLUG] Summer socials, other planning

Zoe Stephenson zrs1 at york.ac.uk
Fri Jul 27 12:32:13 BST 2007

On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 11:24:07AM +0100, Robert Hulme wrote:
> > Also also, I propose that instead of a poorly-attended install clinic,
> > we go for an install day planning meeting type thing on the 11th of
> > August.
> Was the last install day poorly attended? I remember lots of LUG and
> non LUG people being there.

The last install day in November 2006 was well attended.  The last
install clinic in May 2007 felt like it had a poorer showing than the
February one.  It took a little more effort to organise, the publicity
didn't happen quite as smoothly, and we used two rooms where one would
have been fine.  Added to this, the only weekend I have free next month
is the 10th-12th, (scheduling changes at short notice, not enough time
to organise an install clinic, sorry guys).

As always, if someone wants to handle setting up an install clinic for
the end of August or beginning of September as a feeder into the
November install weekend, that would be ace.  I can get a room sorted
by the middle of next week, our lovely friends in Computing Service may
be able to help once again with internet access, but we'd have to work
hard to get all the kit organised with comprec closed for the summer (I
have access if need be, but won't be around at weekends, so someone
would have to store up equipment.)

Thoughts?

--
 -- zoe