[YLUG] Summer socials, other planning

Zoe Stephenson zrs1 at york.ac.uk
Fri Jul 27 12:53:32 BST 2007

On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 12:47:12PM +0100, Liam Wilson wrote:
> --- Zoe Stephenson <zrs1 at york.ac.uk> wrote:
> > - I think Gnome is still the default in Computer
> > Science, so the
> > students may lean that way.
>
> I thought they used slackware. if so wouldn't it be
> KDE only? Unless they put GNOME on them for some
> reason.

I am at my work computer in Computer Science, and it runs GNOME.  I
also have the option of many other environments - xfce, KDE, fvwm, lwm,
there's about a dozen options.  I guess we have a diverse crowd here.
I would be surprised if it were much different for the students.

/me waves to the guys across the corridor, who I'm pretty sure are on
the list and organise all the department's Linux - comments?  Do we
know what Linux exposure students get in other departments?

--
 -- zoe