[YLUG] Free the BBC!

Noah Slater nslater at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 11:32:04 BST 2007

> Perfect digital copies of everything available to anyone in the world for nowt
> off the BBC website? Well, the number of people who'd miraculously "stop
> having televisions" and stop paying the licence fee would be amazing,
> wouldn't it? Or do you fancy paying 128 quid a year 'computer licence'
> instead?  ;)

Completely false, I think you will find that:

 A) Most people wouldn't care.
 B) Most of the country doesn't have a broadband to be able to use it.
  C) Most people prefer, surprise surprise, watching it on their 42" TV.

> Oh goody. So if I ask them for 24 hours a day of eye-poppingly hardcore
> Scandinavian grumble-flicks featuring lesbian nuns and improbably-hung
> donkeys, I should getthat too? For free? Wow.

Yes, you should - as long as you have the majority of the public behind you.

This is how democracy works. Your statement was designed to mislead us
into forgetting that THE MAJORITY of people asked for this. Hence,
without argument, the BBC should do it. That is how democracy works.
Like it or not.

Best,

Noah

--
"Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so
far as society is free to use the results." - R. Stallman