[YLUG] VOIP as your main phone... feasible? Recommendations?

Robert Hulme rob at robhulme.com
Tue Jun 26 17:27:14 BST 2007

I realise it's probably not cost effective to do so, but does anyone
have any experience of using a VOIP phone system instead of PSTN?

I like the idea of using Asterisk to do all kinds of clever things,
but in reality I'd probably want to go out any buy a cordless phone
with built in support.

Anyone tried this? Any recommendations for software / hardware?

-Rob

--
http://www.robhulme.com/
http://robhu.livejournal.com/

Premature optimization is the root of all evil (or at least most of
it) in programming.
-- Donald Knuth