[YLUG] Gaffer's email headers

Doug Winter doug at isotoma.com
Thu Mar 1 09:45:15 GMT 2007

Gaffer wrote:
> Yes It was a bit vague. Sorry!
>
> Well I added my name to the petition against software patents.  Then
> they send an Email to verify your identity (Email address) I assume.
> In that Email that you are asked to reply to,  the headers contained
> information about several of my Email alias that I use and two of my
> ISP neither of which I used when I added my name to the petition.
>
> I am concerned about the additional information that is there about
> accounts and alias that I use with various clients.
>
> Now I agree that I make mistakes and sometimes forget to use the
> correct alias for this list, as I did for the last post.  But that
> shouldn't reveal other ISP or alias, should it?

That is still quite vague - can you post the complete headers for the
email you are concerned about?

I suspect there is a logical explanation that doesn't involve MI5 :)

Cheers,

doug.

--
Isotoma, Open Source Software Consulting - http://www.isotoma.com
Tel: 01904 567349, Mobile: 07879 423002, Fax: 020 79006980

Registered in England.  Company No 5171172.  VAT GB843570325.
Registered Office: 19a Goodge Street, London, W1T 2PH