[YLUG] Questions about mail servers

Alex Howells alex.howells at 0wn3d.us
Fri Nov 30 23:29:01 GMT 2007

On 30/11/2007, Noah Slater <nslater at bytesexual.org> wrote:
> On 30/11/2007, Damian S Posener <mail at deains.net> wrote:
> > Personal:    mail at deains.net
> > MSN:         msn at deains.net
> > University:  dsp502 at york.ac.uk
> > Outdoor Soc: damian at outdoorsoc.co.uk
> > YSTV:        damian at ystv.york.ac.uk
>
> ROFLCOPTOR!!1 What's all this ^^ ?

Well when you get down to it, everyone has quite a few;

    MSN:         alex at aeode.org
    Work:        alex at bytemark.co.uk
    Personal:    alex at 0wn3d.us
                 alex.howells at 0wn3d.us
    Projects:    astinus at gentoo.org

.. and that's before we count throwaway mail addresses like Google Mail :-P

As to why you need to list them all in a signature, I'm not sure.
Personally I rarely bother with a signature, and when I do it usually
just contains my GPG fingerprint or something someone might actually
*need*!

Maybe Damian just wants you to sign him up for some more spam, or get
some Nigerian ladies to message him on MSN and propose marriage in
about 10 minutes flat?

Now I shall sleep, for today has been tiring.