[YLUG] Tunneling

Harry Mills mail at hjmills.co.uk
Thu Oct 11 12:37:22 BST 2007

Hi Paul,

Does this mean that if my PC has a 144.32 IP address then it will be
available on the net etc if I run a web server etc or does the
university have a firewall stopping all traffic to any IPs in the range
that shouldn't be public?

I don't quite know how but I have picked up a 144.32 IP address in my
room.

Regards,

Harry Mills

On Wed, 2007-10-10 at 16:08 +0100, Paul Elliott wrote:
> Hi Harry,
>
> On 10/10/2007, Harry Mills <mail at hjmills.co.uk> wrote:
>         How do the 144.32 addresses have an external IP? What is the
>         external IP
>         for them?
>
> The 144.32.0.0 is a public netblock that belongs to the University of
> York. As I understand it, the University filters traffic but does not
> use NAT so internal machines use 144.32 addresses both internally and
> externally (when permitted of course).
>
> --
> Paul Elliott (omahn)
> Systems Engineer, Option-C Services
> omahns.home at gmail.com
Regards,
HJMills

http://hjmills.co.uk

Back when I was a boy, it was 40 miles to everywhere, uphill both ways
and it was always snowing.