[YLUG] Installday preparations

Zoe Stephenson zrs1 at york.ac.uk
Mon Sep 17 23:31:53 BST 2007

Hi gang,
  I came up with an idea for a schedule of events for this year's
install day, based on feedback from the planning session and socials
and other bits and pieces that people have mentioned.  So, I put
together a page on the YLUG site about it all and attached the current
poster draft that I'm working on.  All comments welcome, I especially
haven't tried it in black-n-white yet to see how a small monochrome
flyer will look.

Direct link:

  http://www.york.lug.org.uk/ylugwiki/index.php/Installday2007

Linked through from the front page too.

There's a list of tasks in vague order of shortest deadline.  Immediate
concern is getting some official ubuntu/kubuntu 7.04 disks - although
7.10 is likely out before the installday, we almost never manage to get
the .10 media in time.  Nick, did you mention comprec having some disks
already?  How many?  Did anyone want to volounteer to place an order
for disks?  I tend not to be in for deliveries, and they already frown
on the small number of deliveries that I insist on getting sent to my
work address...

Anyone wanting to contribute will need a wiki registration - any
existing wiki users can register a new user.  If in doubt, email me
directly with your desired username, fullname and password and I'll
sort you out.

Also, coming real soon - a schedule for talks - I have one slot
tentatively taken up so far on FAT filesystem repairing using KHexEdit,
is there much of an audience for that sort of thing?  What other topics
are people after, or even better, prepared to talk on?

Lastly, I've pencilled in a social for the 25th of September - that's
a week tomorrow - in the usual place at the usual time, 7:30 at the
Olde Starre Inn.  I'm planning on specifying a few socials in advance
for the academic term coming up, so let me know now if you would like
a mix of different venues and/or days of the week.

--
 -- zoe