[YLUG] Social Reminder: Wednesday 23rd April, 7:30, The Black Swan, Peasholme Green

Matthew Gates matthew at porpoisehead.net
Thu Apr 24 19:09:56 BST 2008

On Thursday 24 April 2008, Zoe Stephenson wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 08:50:02PM +0100, Matthew Gates wrote:
> > On Tuesday 22 April 2008, Liam Wilson wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Just a reminder that there's a social this Wednesday
> > > at the Black Swan on Peasholme Green.
> > >
> > > Something has come up, so I probably can't make it.
> > > Have fun!
> > >
> > > Liam
> >
> > 19:40 I came.
> >
> > No-one I recognised was there.
> >
> > 20:25 I left.
>
> 20:30 I finally made it - couldn't get there earlier, sorry.

Oh dear! Just 5 minutes in it, what a pity. I was umming and arring about
staying longer, but I'd finished my drink, and had started thinking about
cake...  :-)   *belly rumble*

> > I hope I didn't miss anyone by a few minutes, that would be a pity.
> > Strangely, Sainsbury's was closed, so I didn't even get to buy a cream
> > cake.
>
> They close at 8.  Maybe we should have cake at the next one?

I've been experimenting with making cakes in the last few weeks, but can't
cook anything worthy of public offering.  It'd be nice to have some cakes
at a meeting, but I don't know if the various pubs would approve of
bringing food in.

Matthew