[YLUG] DNS vulnerability - your ISP

Matthew Gates matthew at porpoisehead.net
Fri Aug 1 10:22:52 BST 2008

I've been using openDNS for a little while now.  They check out just fine
according to the site Mike posted (GREAT randomness for both source ports
and transaction ports).

I was curious about the ones which BT provide via their broadband deal, so I
told my router to use them and then took the test.  Source ports
were "POOR", although transactions ports were "GREAT".

I switched back to openDNS.  :-)

Has anyone else done this for the DNS servers which are provided by their
ISP?  I'd be curious about the results.

Matthew