[YLUG] DNS vulnerability - your ISP

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 10:09:29 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 10:46 AM, Stephen Patterson <steve at patter.mine.nu> wrote:
> On 01 Aug 08, mike cloaked (mike.cloaked at gmail.com) wrote:
>> Might be a good time to contact BT !!
>
> They'll only turn round in a few weeks and go "huh, whats DNS?".

BT will likely respond positively  if you contact the appropriate
level people. I have had a good outcome a year and a half back after
emailing the previous BT CEO, and he passed my issue to his "HIgh
Level Response Team" - I had return emails from the CEO himself on a
Friday night at 11pm, and indeed the people in the Response Team
phoned me every day to follow up until my issue was satisfactorily
resolved. I can't imagine that this would be too much different with
the new CEO provided you show you are knowleable and taking a
professional approach to trying to resolve a real issue - though of
course it would be interesting to see if you get the same service once
you email him? If you just phone the usual BT contact numbers then you
are only talking to people who are getting swamped with complaints
from thousands of members of the public.

--
mike