[YLUG] screen brightness

Paul Gibbs paul-listmonkey at pacem.plus.com
Mon Dec 1 10:02:00 UTC 2008

nigel white wrote:
> Hi
>
> My laptop screen has gone dim. Not very dim, but too dim for comfortable
> viewing.

Possibly a silly question but have you tried the brightness function
keys. I've not seen a laptop yet that doesn't have these and they all
seem to override the OS. I'm not sure where the keys are on a DELL but
Fn + [brighntess logo]. (Probably Fn is next to left CTRL and the
brightness icon is probably in blue on the F-keys.

Paul.<><