[YLUG] Update fedora 10

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 12:56:01 UTC 2008

By the way a new kernel (2.6.27.9) has also just been released for F10
- so updating your system will bring in the new kernel as well as the
new xorg ati package.

It is worth trying this first, either by yum update, or allowing
PackageKit to do the updates.

You said that you had updated your system and it failed to give you a
desktop, but you should be able to boot to the previous kernel and see
if that gives you a graphical desktop, then run your updates and see
if the new packages give you success. I presume you know that you can
hit the down arrow key when grub starts so that you can select a
different kernel to the current one? It is possible that the newer
kernel is responsible for your graphical problem rather than the
updated xorg files.

Mike

--
mike