[YLUG] NAS

Zoe Stephenson zrs1 at york.ac.uk
Fri Feb 1 13:59:32 GMT 2008

On Fri, Feb 01, 2008 at 01:32:26PM +0000, Dr P Dupre wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just got a Buffalo NAS. I expected to be able to manage it through
> Linux, may be through a web tool.
>
> Do you have some experience ? some ideas ?

At a guess:

- Plug it in, switch it on, check that the network connection lights light
up.

- It will likely obtain an IP address over DHCP.

- Use your router client list to find its IP address.

- Connect to http://<that IP address>/

Of course, you could get this information from the manual that came with
the product.  If you didn't get a manual with it, you might find it at
http://www.buffalo-technology.com/search/

--
 -- zoe