[YLUG] Dead Box (Can Ping, no ssh?)

Arthur Clune arthur at clune.org
Wed Feb 6 18:22:19 GMT 2008

On 6 Feb 2008, at 17:27, Alex Smith wrote:

> Any idea where to go from here, short of consoling it? :(

Tricky. It looks like it's failing to set up a shell session
and failing to me. Here's the output from one that works
for comparision

debug1: Entering interactive session.
debug1: Requesting authentication agent forwarding.
Last login: Tue Jan 22 17:42:57 2008 from biber.york.ac.uk
rode:~ 501:

So my only suggestion is turn turn off X and agent
forwarding and see if that helps, but I don't really
expect it will.

ssh -x -a

if that fails, you'll have to get a console :(

Cheers,

Arthur