[YLUG] Manchester Free Software Meeting. 15th of January.

Noah Slater nslater at bytesexual.org
Mon Jan 7 02:25:42 GMT 2008

----- Forwarded message from Tim Dobson <personalwebsite at army.com> -----

Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 00:40:16 +0000
From: Tim Dobson <personalwebsite at army.com>
To: manchester at bsdgroups.org.uk, man-lug at lists.manchester.ac.uk,
	linux-users at lists.manchester.ac.uk, connect at geekup.org
Subject: [man-lug] Manchester Free Software Meeting. 15th of January.

What is Manchester Free Software?

Manchester Free Software was formed in response to a growing apparent
need for a group based in the Manchester area that focuses on Free
Software and GNU/Linux primarily, but also on issues such as Digital
Restrictions Management and other issues which infringe on the freedoms
of computer users.

Anybody is welcome to the meetings, but you will be particularly
interested in the meetings if you are interested in the activities of
the Free Software Foundation, GNU Project, League for Programming
Freedom and the GNU/Linux operating system.

Where? MDDA: http://www.manchesterdda.com/directions/

When? 7pm, 15th of January

Who? Aidan McGuire from Blue Fountain Systems talks about free software.

If you're coming, please feel free to add yourself to the FSF Groups
wiki page:-

http://groups.fsf.org/index.php/Manchester/2008-01-15

Fairtrade Tea and Coffee is provided by the venue. After the event, we'll
probably
go to the Fab Cafe, as it's virtually next door to the venue, and cheap.

If you're coming from outside of Manchester, the venue is close to
Piccadilly. Nearest Metrolink is St Peter's Square.

See you there!

--
www.dobo.urandom.co.uk
----