[YLUG] hello, can anyone help out? Money available for help with Ubuntu!

Antoinette McCormick zendo at rocketmail.com
Sun Jul 20 17:38:39 BST 2008

Hello,

I am a non-geek who, fed up with Microsoft, bought a new (or rather, refurbished) Dell Inspiron 530, made for Ubuntu, and it has been delivered, Ubuntu running on it.  But I do not know how to get going on the internet.  Help, anyone?  I can pay a poor student or other kind of kind person roughly £20 for a teaching session, Q and A mostly, and it would be great if you'd answer questions or help me fix bugs in the future.  Any takers?  I need you now!

A problem I face now is the wireless card I bought does not seem compatible, and I wonder which kind is and where I can buy it.  Or maybe, you can configure the one I've got, as there are complex instructions, or complex to me; you have to know code or what to do with the code supplied.  Can you help with this?

I can help by finding out the password for root, which I imagine I'll need.

My email is zendo at rocketmail.com, my mobile 07530004256 or leave a msg at 01904 633362.  (Don't leave a message on mobile, I don't know how to retrieve them!)  Please text me or otherwise be in touch as soon as possible!!  Thanks so much,

Antoinette McCormick (I live in central York, by the way)