[YLUG] laptop memory

Dale Jefferson dale at efficientpc.co.uk
Fri Jun 6 20:52:41 BST 2008

Sorry your stuck with the old ram (DDR) :(

On Fri, 2008-06-06 at 20:45 +0100, Nicholas Thomas wrote:
> Matthew Gates wrote:
> > On Friday 06 June 2008, Dale Jefferson wrote:
> >
> >> I pay £39 in Vat for Corsair 1GB PC2700 SO-DIMM if that gives you a
> >> idea.
> >>
> >> And
> >>
> >> £15 for Corsiar 1GB PC5400 SO-DIMM
> >>
> >> Older memory is twice as expensive as the new stuff
> >>

> > I don't suppose it will be possible to put the new stuff in my machine will
> > it?  The specs say it wants PC2700...  (Dell Inspiron 8600)
> >
> Very unlikely... IIRC, the old is DDR, the new DDR2, for a start.
> Although I'm not particularly familiar with SO-DIMMs.
>
> /Nick

Cheers Dale,

EfficientPC Limited
http://efficientpc.co.uk

Phone: 0845 8695667
Fax: 0845 0042372
Email: sales at efficientpc.co.uk
Jabber: dalejefferson at jabber.me.uk

Registered in England Number: 6074682
Reg. Office (Do not send mail): 145-157 St. John Street, London, EC1V
4PY

Trading Address:
EfficientPC Ltd, 5 St. Johns Close, Stamford Bridge, York, YO41 1PJ