[YLUG] Burn to Blue-ray

Dale Jefferson dale at efficientpc.co.uk
Wed Jun 11 15:50:00 BST 2008

Looks like blueray works there is just no open source burning program

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CdDvd/Burning
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats/BluRayAndHDDVD

On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 15:43 +0100, Craig Genner wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 June 2008 12:22:46 Ashish Doshi wrote:
> > Have a look at the following
> >
> > http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/
> > http://www.nero.com/eng/linux3.html
> >
> > Ash.
> >
> > On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 12:11 +0100, Craig Genner wrote:
> > > Hi Folks,
> > >
> > > Quick question, what is the state of burning blue-ray disks in linux
> > > these days?
> > >
> > > An hour on google doesn't provide what I would call a conclusive answer.
> > > Any urls or examples of the state of play would be gratefully received.
> > >
> > > Note that I'm not interested in playing blue-ray movies, just the burning
> > > of data for later getting back.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Craig

> Thanks,  I'll have a read through the second link.  The second link involves
> cash (although not as much as I would have thought) and isn't exactly open
> source.
>
> Craig

Cheers Dale,

EfficientPC Limited
http://efficientpc.co.uk

Phone: 0845 8695667
Fax: 0845 0042372
Email: sales at efficientpc.co.uk
Jabber: dalejefferson at jabber.me.uk

Registered in England Number: 6074682
Reg. Office (Do not send mail): 145-157 St. John Street, London, EC1V
4PY

Trading Address:
EfficientPC Ltd, 5 St. Johns Close, Stamford Bridge, York, YO41 1PJ