[YLUG] Keys stopped working [WAS: Solving a general wireless security problem]

Nicholas Thomas nick at lupine.me.uk
Thu Jun 12 20:45:04 BST 2008

Craig Genner wrote:
> On Thursday 12 June 2008 12:08:57 Nicholas Thomas wrote:
>
>> in other news, my shift, caps lock and other cool keys have stopped
>> working. which is annoying...
>>
>> /nick

> You're not using Ubuntu 8.04 by any chance are you?  I wonder because I have
> the same problem with my work laptop.
>
> Try running 'setxkbmap' and see if that fixes your problem, for more details
> read the following bug report:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/195982
>
> Craig
No, turns out it was VMWare workstation (6.5b)'s fault. It does
something weird to the keyboard when you're in it, and somehow I escaped
focus (ctrl+alt) without it undoing the weirdness. Had to reboot to fix
it :/

In other, other news, Workstation 6.5b has DX9.0c support, but I had no
luck with it. Probably due to my fglrxness...

/Nick