[YLUG] PCMCIA USB adapter

Paul Gibbs paul-listmonkey at pacem.plus.com
Mon Mar 10 12:22:49 GMT 2008

Hi,
Does anyone have any experience with PCMCIA USB adapters? I have a
ThinkPad T22 which only has USB 1.1 so wanted to upgrade by way of a
PCMCIA USB adapter. I've had a look on various linux sites and as much
as there is acknowledgment that PCMCIA can be a problem most sites are
either very out-of-date, or about a year old with little hardware
information.

I get the impression that since 2.6.14 kernel PCMCIA has been well
supported but there are still lots of sites that suggest it could be a
problem.

Should I be able to just plug in a PCMCIA USB adapter or do I need to
look for specific hardware?

http://tuxmobil.org/pcmcia_linux_types.html is the most recent list I
could find put even that is sparse and old.

Paul.<><