[YLUG] Book recommendation needed

Chris Ganderton chris at thefraggle.com
Thu Mar 13 08:53:19 GMT 2008

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 08:09:00 +0000, Rob Hall <rob at waylock.co.uk> wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a decent beginner's book about PHP? I've been
> toying with a Moodle site recently and I've been really struck by the
> mechanics of it all and I've come up with a use for PHP in the school I
> work in. I'm fairly happy with using MySQL and I've been proficient with
> C in the past (many moons ago!) so it all looks vaguely familiar.
>
> Nothing too noddy but nothing too obscure either!
>
> Ta
>
> Rob Hall

I personally found the online documentation on the php website really quite
good.

If you really really want a book though I'd reckon it's pretty certain that
the one from O'Reilly media would be good:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Programming-PHP-K-Tatroe/dp/0596006810/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1205396755&sr=8-1

-chris.