[YLUG] symlinks

rob at waylock.co.uk rob at waylock.co.uk
Fri May 23 10:32:19 BST 2008

Hi Rob

>Um, I'd be tempted to not use symlinks at all actually -- keep your
>relatively small /var partition to handle logs only and reconfigure
>Apache and MySQL to use /home directly, for example:

Thanks for that. It was far less painful than I had imagined! I have now edited my /etc/apache2/sites-available/default file and pointed all references to /var/www to /home/www which, after a restart of Apache, has worked a treat.

MySQL was a doddle as well once I'd found the right file to tweak. All is working brilliantly.