[YLUG] compatibility of Gnome and KDE

Stephen Patterson steve at patter.mine.nu
Thu Nov 6 22:43:13 UTC 2008

On 06 Nov 08, nigel white (xm2 at btinternet.com) wrote:
> Specifically, I have installed Krusader which says it is a "file manager
> for KDE (and other desktops)". It seems to work OK. On opening, it
> wanted to install a KDE Wallet to manage my passwords. Will that work?

kdewallet (and in general KDE or Gnome applications) should work fine
under any linux desktop environment. On ubuntu and certainly debian,
installing a KDE program will pull in the required libraries (though
optional extras might not be automatically installed).

About the only thing that would be interesting is the general desktop
integration - the ability of gnome to open files over ssh (or other odd)
URIs from the KDE file manager.

--
Stephen Patterson :: steve at patter.me.uk :: http://patter.me.uk/
GPG: B416F0DE :: Jabber: patter at jabber.earth.li
"Don't be silly, Minnie. Who'd be walking round these cliffs with a gas oven?"