[YLUG] Router

Steve Kemp steve at steve.org.uk
Sun Sep 28 19:35:04 UTC 2008

On Sun Sep 28, 2008 at 19:24:26 +0100, Patrick Dupre wrote:

> I am not sure to know how to do it, I can do:
> wget --user="admin" --password="" -O out.log http://192.168.0.1/login.htm
> but it does not really let loging me.
>
> How can I log without using a browser ?

  That depends on what the system expects.  I think you could show
 a little creativity and examine the login page.  How does it pass
 the username + password to the router?  Do you get a cookie back?
 Once you login with one browser will any other browser work?  For
 how long?

  Please remember we're trying to help but:

    a.  You have the router, and we do not.
    b.  You're not making it terribly easy for us.

Steve