[YLUG] Router

Alex Howells alex at howells.me
Sun Sep 28 20:46:14 UTC 2008

2008/9/28 Paul Gibbs <paul-listmonkey at pacem.plus.com>:
> (Having read your other replies too)
> WTF?
> Is this router connected to the internet?
> You have a router and the admin login is still admin, and you have no
> password!

Most routers aren't stupid enough to ship with the administration
interface exposed to the WAN these days.

[snip bulk of rant]

> If it's not as open as I fear then treat this as a little rant on what
> everyone should do with their routers.

If the router only permits access via a wired connection on the LAN
side then whilst it's probably still advisable to secure your router,
someone would still need to be in your home to hack it, or compromise
your computer(s) and then go from there?  Set all the passwords you
like on a device, once they have physical access it's pretty much game
over anyway.