[YLUG] Web sites hacking router [was: Re: Router]

Arthur Clune arthur at clune.org
Mon Sep 29 13:21:50 UTC 2008

On 29 Sep 2008, at 14:07, Harry Mills wrote:

> I was more banking on the fact that if you have no active session with
> the router and the password has been changed then any normal site
> should
> not have the details to get in.

Sure. Craig's original post was in reply to Paul saying he didn't have
a password on his router and some people not understanding why this
is a bad thing so I was just trying to clarify when the need to be
careful
arises.

You might also find the stuff over on GNUCitizen about UPnP hacking
interesting. No password required. I've switched upnp off on my router.

Arthur