[YLUG] Installfest stuffs

Gavin Atkinson gavin.atkinson at ury.york.ac.uk
Tue Sep 30 17:20:09 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-30 at 17:29 +0100, Thomas Hayward wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Sep 2008, Alex Howells wrote:
> > 2008/9/30 Arthur Clune <arthur at clune.org>:
> >> There's an ubuntu mirror on campus if you just want to use that (we use
> >> it for our internal stuff but there's no reason why you shouldn't
> >> install from
> >> it)
> >>
> >> http://mirror.york.ac.uk/
> >
> > 403 Forbidden
> >
> > Does it restrict to University of York prefixes only?  I think the
> > suggestion for a local mirror was more "in case" we had no network
> > connectivity to the outside world on the day, else we can use public
> > mirrors?
> when connected to the uni vpn, I'm still getting 403

Looking at the config file, it is actually limited to only a specific
subset of Campus subnets.  I suspect this could be changed, but will
have to check with the person responsible for those servers tomorrow
before making the change.

I suspect, even if it can be changed, it will still be limited to
on-site only.

Gavin