[YLUG] Next social + website news

Zoe Stephenson zrs1 at york.ac.uk
Fri Aug 7 12:40:57 UTC 2009

Hi,
  The lovely Sam (an ex-York type person and IRC channel denizen) is
visiting this weekend, so I'd like to suggest a meetup in town this
Saturday (tomorrow), 15:00, at Pulse on Fossgate.  If the weather's
nice, we might be out the back in the courtyard.  Let me know if you're
planning on coming along.

In other news, the website is up and running with much the same kind
of system as the previous site.  It's at:

  http://www.york.lug.org.uk/

I will be populating various bits of content over the next few weeks
as time allows.  However, to facilitate this, I'd like to have someone
take on the role of features editor.  This will basically involve
planning features (software reviews, book reviews, event reports,
that kind of thing), encouraging people to write content, and then
making sure that it's consistently presented on the site.  If you'd
like to take this on, I'll be rather grateful - let me know by direct
email or on the IRC channel.

--
 -- zoe