[YLUG] Linux & eeeeeeeees

Richard Ablitt richardablitt at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 13:11:27 UTC 2009

>> On Aug 13, 2009 10:54 AM, "Stephen Patterson" <steve at patter.me.uk> wrote:
>>
>> I've just picked up a linux eeepc with the strange xandros os on it. While
>> the launch panel's shiny, its got huge XP window titlebars and no xterm!
>>
>> This calls for a real linux distribution, so was wondering, what do you
>> use on your eeepc?

I'm using Fedora 11 on my 701, although I mostly use NX to connect to
my desktop. It runs fairly smoothly, but it doesn't leave much room on
my 4Gb drive. I tried Ubuntu Netbook Remix, but the menus were a bit
laggy. It should be okay on the later models. Most distributions seem
to support all the hardware out of the box now, or at least have
instructions for getting everything working.

Haiku also works well, except for the wireless.
Richard