[YLUG] VPN PPTP

Roger Leigh rleigh at codelibre.net
Sat Aug 22 16:54:04 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 02:30:28PM +0100, Patrick Dupre wrote:
> I am lost !
> I have one machine Fedora 10 what I use to connect to the campus by
> using VPN. nm-connection-editor let my add a VPN connection type
> PPTP and every thing is OK.
> On the other machine, also fedora 10, nm-connection-editor, I do not have
> the option to add a connection of pptp type !! I only have the choice
> between opennpv and cisco.
>
> What did I miss ?

You probably need to install the package that provides that
functionality.  On Debian:

% apt-cache search pptp
bcrelay - Broadcast relay daemon
kvpnc - vpn clients frontend for KDE4
network-manager-pptp - network management framework (PPTP plugin core)
network-manager-pptp-gnome - network management framework (PPTP plugin GNOME GUI)
pptp-linux - Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) Client
pptpd - PoPToP Point to Point Tunneling Server

So network-manager-pptp and network-manager-pptp-gnome would appear
to be relevant to you.  I use pptp-linux which hooks into the pppd.
The package names may be slightly different on Fedora, but I'm
sure it's equally simple to find the appropriate package name.

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh