[YLUG] Save gnome session

Steve Kemp steve at steve.org.uk
Wed Jan 21 11:18:08 UTC 2009

On Wed Jan 21, 2009 at 10:24:30 +0000, Patrick Dupre wrote:

> I the past their was a way to save the gnome environement of the active
> session, but I did not see this option anymore.
> (In the past it was an option when leaving the session: log out).

  You'd probably receive a better reply if you specified at least
 your distribution + version, and ideally your version of GNOME.

  BUt the most likely answer is that you're running a recent
 version of Ubuntu's distribution - and it was released without
 support for session saving.

  The GNOME people are updating the way session handling works,
 and had removed the-old before adding the-new.  Ubuntu decided
 to take that release of GNOME regardless .. so there is a major
 regression present.

  (Or minor, if you don't care about sessions and saving them.)

  See here for some discussion:

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-session/+bug/249373

  Or use your favourite search engine to find more.

Steve
--
http://www.steve.org.uk/